Okay, now this is cool. I have seen people try to recreate commercial brewer recipes on a home brew scale (in fact, I have a book of such recipes) and I’ve even seen brewers release their recipe for home brewers to convert, but I’ve never seen a brewer sell the actual ingredients to copy their recipe. But this is what Flying Dog has actually just announced.
Introducing Stove Toppers, a series of all-grain homebrew kits for advanced homebrewers that include our exact ingredients and brewmaster’s recipe, all scaled-down to for your 5-gallon home brewery.
We’re launching one kit per month in 2013 and each kit will be on sale for that month only. Starting tomorrow, Single Hop Imperial IPA with El Dorado will be on sale in our gift shop and the Flying Barrel Homebrew Supply Shop in Frederick, Maryland.
I like that they’re keeping to one kit and changing over to a new one every month. They’ve even released their schedule for 2013:
- February: Single Hop Imperial IPA with El Dorado
- March: Raging Bitch Belgian-Style IPA
- April: Woody Creek Belgian Wit
- May: Single Hop Imperial IPA with Citra
- June: Snake Dog IPA
- July: Dogtoberfest Marzen
- August: The Fear Imperial Pumpkin Ale
- September: Single Hop Imperial IPA with Sorachi Ace
- October: Pearl Necklace Oyster Stout
- November: Single Hop Imperial IPA with Simcoe
- December: Barrel-Aged Gonzo Imperial Porter
Heck, this might even be enough to get off my butt and learn how to brew all-grain.
If you brew with one of these kits, let us know how it turned out. (Bonus points if you invite us over for some.)